Thursday, January 22, 2015

Samsung NX3000 (review)

Low quality grainy photos really gets on my nerves at times, especially when it's a beautiful moment worth a perfect shot.. Bringing back some sad memories, the DSLR I used to have - a Canon D50 to be exact, was stolen after a break in at home. As devastated as I was, there was nothing that can be done so since then, I only depended on my Samsung Note 3, which had decent quality I would say. Well no complaints except at poorly lit areas, it gets so grainy I'd just give up.

Now a year later, after doing some casual research about cameras, still wasn't really keen to get one (can't get over the lost Canon D50, drama much) but while shopping around, at first looking at Samsung NX Mini, the NX3000 caught my eye. Honestly when browsing through cameras I just really wanted something that has a tilting screen (hey it's selfie generation ok) with decent lens and basic functions. Although feeling unconvinced initially, the salesgirl managed to answer all my questions regarding the camera and we were impressed. She even threw in an extra battery + charger and a 16GB memory card for free.

Totally did not expect to get this on the spot. On the way to decent selflies and wefies! A new little precious baby to bring everywhere. :D
After using it for close to 3 weeks now, I dare say I don't regret choosing this at all. Below are some of my unedited photos.



Things I like about it, in a simplified, non-technical way:

1. It has awesome selfie function (needless to say), most importantly it doesn't make your face yellow.
2. Vivid colors that POP. It uses an APS-C image sensor, which places it in 2nd place to a typical DSLR.
3. I thought a simple mirrorless camera like this would mean less variability, but you still get so many different modes! - Auto (which takes perfect photos already) and a few others where you can specifically adjust your shutter speed, ISO, aperture etc.
4. The body is sleek, light and fits perfectly in my bag, unlike my old DSLR which was so heavy/bulky. (MAJOR PLUS POINT)
5. The wifi and NFC feature that allows instant transfer of photos especially for samsung phones.
6. Although I don't use it much but it allows editing and cropping on the camera itself.
7. The camera app allows my phone to act as a remote control - to take photos without having to click on the camera itself.
8. Detachable lens.
8. Vintage look, nuff' said.
9. Pretty in white! The other two colours available are brown and black.

Things I wish were different:
Honestly up till now I feel that it's such a good camera the cons aren't really cons anyway, BUT if I have to say:

1. Sometimes the auto-focus has trouble focusing on the right objects.
2. Abit unsure whether I would've preferred the NX2000 instead which utilised touch-screen cos it would be then covered in oily fingerprints.
3. The detachable flash gets in the way if I were to tilt the screen, so most of the time I keep it away, which could be troublesome at times when needed.

Still love my new baby heaps!

No comments: